As a farewell party for the month of April and also to celebrate we have the day off today (International Worker's Day!) I'm blogging about a super yummy recipe: lime, greek yoghurt and olive oil cake!!!! I was on Pinterest the other day and came upon this wonderful site called Souvlaki for the Soul where I found instructions for this recipe. It combines two things I love: greek yoghurt and limes. Actually, whenever I order mineral water I always ask for a slice of lime (or lemon) with it, you should try it, it makes old boring water much more special ;-) We'll use olive oil instead of butter, the recipe used olive as well, but I always prefer olive oil to butter anyway. I baked the cake on Sunday and brought some to the office the next day. I guess they liked it!
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 deg C
- Grease a 22cm springform baking tin
- In one large bowl mix all the wet ingredients until well combined
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the flour and using a spoon until just combined
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for approx 45-50 mins. The cake is ready when it has browned on top
- Leave it to cool in the cake tin for five minutes and serve